Joe Hitt, CEO, GoX Labs, US
Why This Focus of Impact:
Joe Hitt on Health Tech starts here: Joe is the CEO of GoX Labs. Musculoskeletal injury is the top reason for discharge from the military and evacuation from the theater of operations. As a commander of a parachute unit, he has seen and experienced this first hand. As a professor at West Point and as a PM at DARPA, he worked on wearable and robotic technologies to mitigate musculoskeletal injury. Today he is deploying this technology to our workforce.
- Developed the first powered prosthetic leg showcased on the Discovery Channel with a Special Forces amputee running at 8 mph only 4 months after losing his limb in combat.
- Started the DoD’s largest wearable technology program as a PM at DARPA. Additionally, founded the Wearable Robotics Trade Association.
- Took one of his companies from 3 to 300 employees in 36 months.
Predictive analytics via machine learning. By end of 2019, GoX Labs will have enough data to predict injury before it happens. This is 8 years of research and trials in the making.
- Insurance providers who have access to high injury rate organizations
- Ergonomics, physical, and occupational therapy companies
- Corporate health decision-makers
- Web site: www.goxlabs.com
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/